NOTE: This position is available as both a full-time employee hire (within commuting distance to the Baltimore-DC metro area), or as a short-term remote contract position (not limited to the Baltimore-DC metro area)
NOTE: This position requires US citizenship.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Full-stack software development on a greenfield software product that automates, combines, and enriches multi-source intelligence data to augment human intelligence and decision-making.
- Making targeted technical recommendations that help shape and influence the capabilities, direction, and market position of a powerful data automation platform.
- Leading a small team to build a rapid prototype in a dynamic startup environment
- Collaborating with and informing product-owners and stakeholders to design and develop software solutions that delight and excite a community of varied users and stakeholders.
- Mentoring, informing, and advising fellow team members using code reviews, pair programming exercises, and design discussions.
- At least 8 years of experience developing enterprise software applications with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field; or a Master's degree preferred with 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience working on remote/distributed teams
- Must be a US citizen with the ability and willingness to obtain a federal government security clearance.
- Experience developing software using cloud-native principles like Dev-Ops, and Microservices
- Experience building rich web API’s (RESTful, WebSockets, Webhooks)
- Experience building and maintaining API's using Python
- Knowledge and experience working with both relational and NoSQL databases/datastores such as PostgreSQL and Kafka
- Knowledge and experience engineering systems using event-driven architecture patterns
- Knowledge and experience of cloud architecture and at least one major commercial cloud stack (AWS preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with Agile Software Development methodologies